We were recently nominated for a blog award by Sean over at Durt on the Bible. I was so surprised and encouraged by this, so thank you Sean, for thinking of us! Per the award, I am supposed to post seven random things about us.
- Mark and I stumbled upon Tate’s name on Law and Order SVU a year or so before we were married. We filed it away for later, and as soon as we found out we were expecting a few years later (a huge surprise and a great but long story) we knew that if it was a boy his name would be Tate.
- I have a horrible phobia of going to the doctor for any reason. If it’s possible Mark takes the boys so I don’t have to go. Strange, I know.
- Mark and I probably met several years before we remember meeting. We were in the same place at the same time at least twice before that fateful day at Pleasant Valley.
- Tate and Theo both have two middle names. Mark and I each have one.
- Mark and I spent about half of our marriage involuntarily separated (due to the Navy) the first four years.
- I have a brown thumb, and the only plants I can keep alive are cacti. Mark worked at a florist shop in high school and is much better at it than I am.
- The first time I was in Nicaragua (in 2009, Tate and I went while Mark was in Iraq) I was certain that this was the one country I wouldn’t care to return to. I thought the people were strikingly beautiful but was scared of the area we were in.
So there you have seven random facts. I’m working on some more posts and a financial update that should be up Wednesday! I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Thanks, you have earned it.