- Mark is back from his Navy class! It’s been great having him home. Still an adjustment to go from parenting solo to sharing the duty, but we’re happy to have him back.
- Our stuff arrived! Of course it came in while Mark was gone! I have done at least one part of every move (13 last time I checked) by myself.
- The truck arrived the day after the household goods. It took 3 hours to get it started, even though we had two extra fully charged batteries.
- Theo has been sick for a week. He has bronchitis. It’s been exhausting trying to get him healthy again.
- God has been wooing us lately via natural beauty. Here are some of my favorites:
- We are adjusting to living in the new house. There have been several attempted break-ins and it’s been a little scary. The farm has had several break-ins in the past so this isn’t new. It’s just a little un-nerving to know that your house is right on the boundary line.
- Tate’s really impressed us with his generosity, but it’s been pushed past the line. He has given his toys away to several of the boys because they don’t have many. He’s been super selfless and I couldn’t be prouder. However, the little boys are starting to take advantage (by taking handfuls of toys when Tate’s not looking) and we’re struggling with how to deal with this. We certainly aren’t angry because we get it, but it does need to be addressed. We talked with their house dad and I think we have a solution, but please pray for us that we can figure this out, for Tate’s sake and for the little boys’.
- We love having an open house and often have people over. It’s wonderful, and makes me feel like we have a big family.
- We sent out our first newsletter. If you didn’t receive it and would like to, please contact us and we’ll send it to you. Your prayers and encouragement are invaluable!
Thank you for keeping us updated! Your blog is so much fun to read; it’s almost like having you near.